Seraph® 100 Microbind® Affinity Blood Filter
Seraph® 100 Microbind® Affinity Blood Filter (Seraph 100) is a single use extracorporeal broadspectrum sorbent hemoperfusion device for reduction of pathogens from the bloodstream.
Seraph 100 is an effective, long-awaited, adjunctive therapy to conventional therapeutics for both drug-resistant and drug-susceptible pathogens, which can be used as an early intervention prior to pathogen identification.
In particular, Seraph 100 allows up to a 90% reduction of bloodstream pathogens during a single treatment. The device has been designed to safely and effectively treat bacterial, fungal, and viral bloodstream infections. Based on multiple independent laboratory tests, the following pathogens have been found to bind to Seraph 100’s filter, making them ideal for this method of treatment: MRSA, S. aureus, K. pneumoniae, K. pneumoniae (CRE), K. pneumoniae (MDR), S. pyogenes, S. marcescens, S. pneumoniae, E. faecalis, E. faecalis (VRE), E. faecium, A. baumannii, S. epidermidis, MRSE, CMV, Adenovirus, Zika, Ébola, C. albicans, E. coli, and E. coli (CRE).
Indications for use: Seraph 100 is indicated for the reduction of pathogens from the bloodstream in adjunction to antibiotic treatment during BSI (blood-stream infections).
- Unique, broad-spectrum hemoperfusion device
- Large binding capacity for pathogens
- Designed to safely and effectively treat bloodstream infections
- Allows up to 90% reduction of bloodstream pathogens during a single treatment
- End-point-attached heparin surface is highly antithrombogenic, contributing to device safety
- Compatible with most blood purification equipment
- Can be used alone or concurrently with hemodialysis