THE RAFAELO® PROCEDURE
Radiofrequency treatment of haemorrhoids
The Rafaelo Procedure is a relatively new treatment that utilises safe and reliable radiofrequency technology to reduce, and in most cases, eliminate, the common symptoms of internal haemorrhoids.
Similar technology has been used successfully for many years to treat varicose veins in the legs, and this has now been adapted and modified for the treatment of haemorrhoids by the insertion of a special needle probe into the haemorrhoidal cushion, through which radiofrequency energy is applied, aiming to restrict its blood supply causing it to necrose and fall away, relieving the patient of their symptoms.
- Minimally-invasive (no incisions), day-case procedure
- Suitable for grade II to III and some grade IV haemorrhoids
- Quick procedure, estimated outpatient treatment time of 20 minutes
- It can be carried out using only local anaesthetic
- Most patients report very little pain or discomfort, and as a result…
- The post-operative recovery time is very short
Image: The Rafaelo® Procedure step by step.
Rafaelo User Clinics